Thursday, February 21, 2008

Meeting

Now that I've opened the door to the fact that I am in essence a Newly Wed I will explain how we met.

E-Harmony.com. Yep we are an e-harmony couple. I'm not sure how long Larry was a member but I logged on for about two months in 2005, and didn't think I was particularly ready to share my life. My sister's bugged me about dating and meeting someone but I wasn't in any hurry, so I didn't follow through.

My husband passed away in January 2004 after a long illness and I had a lot of me to put back together.

In November of 2006 my youngest son got married and as I drove home from the Church after the wedding and spending time with friends and family I told God I was Ready. As I remember I told him I was ready to meet someone and here is my list of what I want. 1. Non Smoker 2. Non Drinker 3. Christian 4. A widower that has been in a long marriage and knows how to treat a woman 5. I DO NOT want a Project Man. ( My friends and I often laughed over getting married and the man being a work in progress, in other words a Project Man.

I'm sure God took my list into consideration, actually I'm positive He did. The only portion I should have refined was #5 when I said I didn't want a Project Man. Those two words can be taken as the way I meant them or I didn't want a Man who did projects. (Another Story line no doubt).

Anyway that next weekend E-Harmony advertised a Free Weekend from Friday through Sunday. Hey I'm all for Free so I activated my profile and sent it out into webdom. Surprise, surprise I got 10 responses. I read all the profiles and Larry's intrigued me. One question in the profile was "What was the last book you read". Larry's answer was The Bible. Hmm, well I answered, he wrote back some questions, I answered, and by Sunday we knew each other pretty well in the likes, dislikes, areas anyway.

I found out he was my age, had been married for 30 years to the same woman, had 2 children and one grandchild. He found out I had 3 children and 5 grandchildren.

Sunday arrived and after putting my foot in my mouth about the Big Church he went to verses my small church, I offered up my home email address as I was out of Free time.

Tune in for the rest of the story, when I once again have time to write.

Blessings / Barbara

No comments: