Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holidays

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I have so many things and people to be Thankful for. The list grows every year to include more friends and more family. I love the addition of new family members and we already know that their will be a new grand daughter arriving in February or March, and the possibility of another grandson or grand daughter later in the year, assuming God decides to bless this son and daughter-in-law.

They announced on my birthday back in September that they were now ready. Of course this daughter-in-love (I stole that love part from Debbie Macomber, makes perfect sense to me) has a birthday the day before mine so we are secretly (actually we've told everyone) that a September baby would be very much welcomed.

I'm thankful that God has given me a wonderful man to share the fall of my life with. We enjoy each other and never have trouble communicating with each other even on touchy subjects which include my children or his.

I'm thankful for my 3 grown children and even though they are sometimes "works in progress" so am I, and fortunately God has given me as well as them time to work a few more things out.

I'm thankful for my six grandchildren who are growing very quickly into young ladies and young men, and very thankful for the youngest grandchild who I call my bonus. I married her grandfather when she was a year old so not only did I acquire two step children but she was the bonus. Lest I forget I am also the great grandmother of one of the sweetest little boys, actually I tell everyone my daughter is a grandmother and sorta let the great grandmother portion remain unsaid. We rarely see him as he lives with his mother, but God I'm sure is working in her life and soon he will be allowed to be part of our family also.

Life has been very full and eventful for me and some days I wonder what God has planned for me next, but in the meantime, I will enjoy the moment, for I told Him quite LOUDLY one time that I was very tired of taking "one day at a time." When he asked me what I had in mind, then of course; I was speechless, for who am I to tell anyone, let alone GOD how to rule the world or handle my life?

I pray all those who take time to read my ramblings will have a Blessed, Happy, Safe, Holiday and let God know how very thankful you are for all that He has done in your life.

Many Blessings
B.J. Brooks Robinson

No comments: