Monday, January 26, 2009

Time Passes

I've been reminded this weekend that Time does indeed pass, and often very quickly.

My first marriage took place when I was the very old age of 17. I married my High School sweetheart and we had 3 children. Our first child died with heart problems after only 25 days, but the other two, a girl and then a boy flourished. We were married close to 10 years and then moved on with other partners.

I'm very close to my adult children and in that respect keep up with their father. I've known for some time now that his health wasn't perfect, but was shocked Friday morning to hear that he had a seizure at work and was in the hospital. He's been sedated since then and is now in ICU.

Both children are there with him but each sees their father differently. My son says, "Oh he'll be fine in a couple of days." but his sister sees him and says, "Mom I don't see how he is going to survive this."

Their father is 64, but has a history of heart problems, and has just had cataract surgery on both eyes. Lots of health problems in his family from heart attacks to cancer, so my daughter is remembering how young her grandfather was when he passed away with a heart attack, he was in his very early 60's, then her grandmother in her early 70's died with lung and brain cancer. So she being the oldest remembers them better, than my son does.

Yet it seemed like only yesterday their dad was walking up my sidewalk to take me out on our first date, time passes and now we wait to see how much more time will pass until the doctors give us more news.

Blessings, B

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I just clicked over to check out your blog and I'm so sorry this is happening. My heart goes out to your kids. I will be praying in the next days the news is good.