Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Katie's arrival


This is Katie actually her given name is Katherine Elizabeth Hayes, and she lives two doors down from her very proud Grandmother. I'm not sure yet what she will call me but whatever it is I will be there with very wide open arms. Katie arrived on March 14 and she weighed 8.1 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. In just two short weeks she has grown in length to 21.75 inches and weighs 8.6 ounces. The doctor says "She will be Tall."
Since my son is 6'2" and his wife is 5'9", perhaps she will take after them. I must admit on my side of the family although I am 5'3", I do have two 6' tall neices. So who knows Katie may surpass us all.
She is all arms and legs and from the very first has had her hands all over her face and even popped her thumb in her mouth minutes after she was born. Yes I was there as well as her other grandmothers. My daughter-in-law Jenn, has a step-mother who we all adore. She never had the birth experience as she never had children so Jenn wanted her to share in Katie's birth, and Jenn's mom was there also. We labored along with Jenn until Katie arrived. An experience I will long remember.

No comments: